29 June 2008

Weird!

Ever think about how strange the Internet is? What kind of realm is this? We spend so much time "online" when we are sitting in front of our laptops... makes me think of The Onion's World of World of Warcraft. It's communication disconnected from physicality. Huh. I have an uneasiness about inhabiting a body anyway. Maybe it's easier to focus on the mental output rather than the coordination of all areas. No one's watching you when you're online, except of course for the government, aliens, etc etc, so you're not being judged as harshly. Strange and inbred.

There was a time only a few years ago when I would periodically take breaks from the Internet (go offline for, say, a week or two). I can't imagine doing that for more than a couple days now. I'm in deep. Attempting to maintain a regular blog doesn't help, ha!

No comments: